The riddle of the Microsoft Outlook 'Connecting to' Problem
How we solved it
We've recently seen a problem affecting users of the email system Microsoft Exchange. The computers were all of a sudden coming up with a box saying 'Connecting to...' followed by their email address.
After investigation to this problem, checking everything from servers to network connections, we found the problem to be with a couple of Microsoft updates for Outlook.
|We found that removing two of the updates resolved the problem
(this is the geeky bit!):
• Outlook Social Connector: KB2553406
• Outlook Update: KB2553248
After removal of these all was well again. Hopefully Microsoft will release a further update to counter this problem, but it just something to be aware of for now.
Well done to Jon for finding the cure to this problem! Where the fix is not always obvious, here at Lucid we'll always think laterally to find solutions.